The Normandie Apartments on Huaihai Road, by Kenneth Tan.
A few links to start off your day:
- Local employees at the Swedish outfit of Chinese electronics giant Huawei say public humiliation is part of their work day, everyday.
- Zeng Jinyan, the wife of imprisoned HIV/AIDS activist Hu Jia, says authorities in Shenzhen have been trying to get her and her daughter evicted out of their apartment. They moved from Beijing to Shenzhen after harrassment proved too much to bear.
- Nice. China plans to offer its 83 million people with disabilities 12 years of free education.
- India will eclipse the United States as China’s biggest trading partner within 30 years.
- Shanghai’s Luwan District has been merged with and subsumed under Huangpu District.