Photo by le niners.
A few links to start off your day:
- Finally: Ai Weiwei has been freed on bail after confessing to his “economic crimes” and appeared visibly thinner after three months in detention.
- “Tiger Mom” Amy Chua was in Shanghai yesterday with her entire family and appeared on “Culture Matters” on ICS.
- No kidding: 200 movie extras were hired and paid 60 yuan a day to act as security guards to prevent villagers in suburban Beijing from protesting against demolition work.
- Hebei province is acting against the makers of “Qunjude”, Peking roast duck that’s been made and packaged to look like the famous Beijing brand “Quanjude”.
- iBribery.com, the wildly popular bribery reporting site, has been shut down by censors.
- Major step up in healthcare: Every hospital in China will have general practitioners by 2012.