Photo by kseedIV.
Here’s what’s happening around Shanghai:
- Rush-hour metro services are set to get a boost.
- Shanghai has reported a 13-fold increase in the number of scarlet fever cases in May.
- A land-use official was sentenced to life imprisonment yesterday for taking 10.45 million yuan in bribes.
- The Shanghai International Film Festival needs to up its game, criticises China.org.cn.
- Newly discovered films featuring the founders of the CCP were screened in Shanghai on Tuesday.
- The first spokesperson of the Shanghai party committee has made his press debut yesterday.