Photo by dingadingdang.
A few links to start off your day:
- China is reportedly holding its airlines back from finalising deals with Airbus to signal its discontent on legislation bringing foreign into the EU’s emissions trading system.
- Russel Flanary of Forbes offers a list of 25 influential Chinese in global fashion.
- Taiwan wants the return of the remains of dozens of airmen killed in mainland China during the Cold War.
- China wants to become the world’s civil engineer, and it looks like half the battle has already been won in America.
- China is hosting Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir who arrives today for a state visit. Bashir is wanted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity.
- China’s property boom is now spreading to smaller cities.
- The United States has asked China to use its influence on North Korea to prevent a new “provocation”.