Photo by HeyItsWilliam.
A few links to start off your day:
- China’s Taiwan Affairs Office spokesman Yang Yi (楊毅): Cross-strait relations have never been on a nation-to-nation basis.
- Despite rising costs, China looks set to remain the world’s number one toymaker.
- Christian humanitarian organisation, World Vision, has succumbed to government pressure and asked an employee who is a member of the beleaguered Shouwang church to quit, says ChinaAid.
- Baidu wants to list in Shanghai.
- President Hu Jintao yesterday met up with Omar al-Bashir, the president of Sudan who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for war crime charges.
- Artist Ai Weiwei is appealing the 12 million yuan tax bill he has been presented with by government authorities.