Photo by le niners.
A few links to start off your day:
- Amnesty International has accused China of silencing human rights lawyers.
- 36 people have been detained by Chinese police in a probe of fraud at Alibaba.
- The Ministry of Finance has scrapped several rules that foreign companies say favoured China-made products for government procurement.
- China has been buying much more in U.S. government debt than disclosed, potentially in violation of auction rules.
- China can’t let go of Chairman Mao, says Peter Foster of the Daily Telegraph.
- Twice-weekly direct flights from Shanghai to Pyongyang begin today.