Photo by le niners.
A few links to start off your day:
- Sulphur emissions from the increased number of coal-fired power stations has masked the impact of global warming in the last ten years, say scientists, but rapid warming is likely to resume.
- Bing is going to power Baidu’s English-language searches in China. Maybe finally there’s a good reason China-based expats to use Baidu now?
- The Hong Kong Journalists Association, in its latest report, warned of the deteriorating freedom of expression in the city, pointing to “growing and disturbing signs” that the “one-country” element is overriding “two systems”.
- StanChart says China’s stocks are the “most attractive” worldwide and that investors should be buying more of the nation’s equities.
- Jobs in Taiwan have been sucked out to the mainland because of the island’s failure to mimick the Singapore model, says Bloomberg.