Photo by Kenneth Tan
Here’s what’s happening around Shanghai:
- Fudan Uni is spending 100 million yuan to furnish its dormitories with a/c.
- Bus drivers may get protective barriers similar to the ones seen on taxis after a spate of attacks.
- Construction at the Shanghai Tower, soon to be China’s tallest building, has reached the 20th floor at 100 metres above ground.
- The man who sparked a bomb panic two days ago at the Nanjing West metro station has been arrested by police.
- A man who faked his own death by forging cremation papers to escape a police warrant has been detained by police.