Photo by Davide Martini.
A few links to start off your day:
- 85% of counterfeit goods seized in the European Union originate from China.
- Ai Weiwei’s sister has given the WaPo details of his 81-day confinement while his wife remains busy disputing tax charges at a hearing. Meanwhile, Ai is said to have accepted a post at the Berlin University of the Arts but it remains unclear when he can take up the position.
- Jetstar, one of the largest budget airlines in the Asia-Pacific region, is set to fly from Melbourne to Beijing via Singapore.
- The Communist parties of China and India have pledged to step up cooperation.
- The Ministry of Railways has apologised for the massive delays on the new Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway and pledged to iron out all problems.