Some of you, like us, may be feeling summer blockbuster withdrawals to the point where in your fevered, gasping delirium you may not have the fortitude to search out the dates of your salvation on your own. So just for you, here are the upcoming summer theater release dates for China:
- In case you weren’t paying attention when we told you the first time, Transformers: Dark of the Moon comes out this Thursday, July 21! I don’t think there is a strategy on earth that could make viewing this film among the Chinese hordes this weekend enjoyable, but for those of you determined enough to try, I solute you!
- The box office-obliterating, apparently apocalyptic Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows 2 finale toting the tag line “IT ALL ENDS” (for Chinese domestic releases you mean?) will premier in China on August 4.
- The new Smurfs movie will premier here on August 10.
- Cars 2 is coming out on August 15.
- Source Code, already massively popular on the internet here, might also hit theaters some time in August, but that’s just going by a vague Douban China release date listing.
- Chinese domestic releases this summer include The Wages of Sin on August 2, L-O-V-E on August 5, Perfect Baby on August 6, My Kingdom on August 12, Overheard 2 on August 18, and Xia Ri Lian Shen Ma on August 23.
And just for fun, here’s an MTime interview with Michael Bay when he was in town last week. Unsurprisingly, they ask about a bazillion questions about 3D/Avatar/James Cameron. Choice humility-free Bay quote from the interview: Jim Cameron sat next to me when he saw the final hour and he goes “…epic.”
Video after the jump…