All the top stories from the last seven days:
typhoontropical storm Muifa may have missed us (which can’t be said for Jiangsu province), we showed you photos of all the crazy flooding that took place after Friday morning’s electrical storm, which ended up killing three people in Shanghai!
- We noted that Keanu Reeves is just the latest to jump on the “let’s all make a movie in China” boat. Whoa.
- We were very skeptical over the recent “happy cities” report that listed Hangzhou first and Shanghai 97th.
- With the first sea trials of the Varyag this week, we wondered just what exactly is the purpose of China’s first aircraft carrier anyway? (Not to be confused with China’s first aircraft carrier hotel.)
- We thought Adidas’ new ad campaign is pretty cool: they converted the Xujiahui metro stop into your own personal punching bag!
- If you’ve ever driven a car in Asia, then you’ve likely experienced at least one or two of the insane antics in this video.
- Public safety updates of the week: While the oil in our KFC may be safe, it turns out there are cancer-causing chemicals in our baby tableware, needles in our pork, and ground up aborted fetuses in diet pills.