Photo from dbmboise.
A few links to start off your day:
- A Tibetan monk drank gasoline and set himself on fire while shouting “We Tibetan people want freedom,” “Long live the Dalai Lama” and “Let the Dalai Lama return to Tibet” in a Tibetan part of Sichuan province.
- China’s first aircraft carrier has completed a sea trial.
- China’s chief of staff General Chen Bingde is in Tel Aviv to meet his Israeli counterpart.
- China has announced an initial victory in dealing with local government debt but analysts warn that risks remain.
- Joe Biden arrives in Beijing today for a five-day trip and he is expected to woo Xi Jinping, who’s widely expected to be China’s next president.