See more photos of Shanghai lightning this week here.
All the top stories from the last seven days:
- We saw some pretty brutal parenting tactics take place in Pudong this week when a mother strung up her son while the father beat him for 30 minutes for stealing money to play video games.
- We showed you photos from the massive NIMBY protests that took place in Dalian last weekend.
- We wondered why the Bolivian president thought it was a good idea to declare to the media (joking or otherwise) that China’s going to eventually colonize America.
- I guess we’re not surprised, but Donald Trump definitely still hates China.
- We have a few US college basketball teams touring China right now (and Labron!) Unfortunately, the biggest news to come from them this week was the insane brawl that took place between Georgetown and the Bayi Rockets.
- A number of cities in China experienced beautiful blue skies this week to coincide with US Vice President Joe Biden’s China Tour! We showed you pictures of his visit, and told you about his Beijing brunch now dubbed “noodle diplomacy.”
- Our citiy’s escalators chose this week to declare war on unsuspecting metro users when an escalator on Line 4 maniacally “giggled” before reversing direction, and a high-traffic escalator above the Jing’an metro stop caught fire! Thankfully, no one was injured. So far.