2046 Karaoke & Bar on Rua Cidade de Santarém, Macau. By Fan Huang.
All the top stories from the last seven days:
- We debated amongst ourselves the merits of the Chinese Basketball Association’s decision to ban NBA players under contract.
- We highlighted former US Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman’s assertion that China is a major source of this cyber warfare funny business, only to be provided with video corroboration two days later.
- A first look at the design aesthetics of Shanghai Disneyland scored pretty highly on our ‘ooh AHH’ index.
- A de facto Paranormal Week seemed to have occurred in China this week, what with alien sightings and unexplained phenomena happening left and right.
- Ladies and gentlemen, the world’s HIGHEST Ferris wheel!
- Our fellow Yangtze River Delta urbanites in Nanjing had to deal with some pretty nerve-wracking non-events happening in their subways.
- And we did a little geopolitical nerding out with a gallery on Chinese migrants working in Africa, and a video of North Korean kids singing the creepiest Red Songs ever for Chinese tourists.