Photo by ranmachen.
A few links to start off your day:
- Meet Manmohan Singh Bhandari, the Indian man who turned yoga into a million dollar business in China.
- China wants a change in its criminal code that would allow it to lock up troublesome personalities in secret locations for up to six months.
- 17 killed and another 17 injured in Zhangjiakou near Beijing in collision between a bus loaded with migrant workers and a truck.
- China’s severely imbalanced sex ratio is leading to increased numbers of imported brides, and the government is worried about the trend.
- Chinese-American community in California divided over proposed sharks fin ban.
- Combined earnings for China’s top five banks up strongly but many problems remain.
- Sina Weibo in the midst of a crackdown as the Chinese Communist Party pressures it to act on “rumours”.