Photo by @stijnd on Instagram. Share your mobile pictures with us via Instagram by using the tag #shanghaiist
A few links to start off your day:
- Taiwanese presidential hopeful Tsai Ing-wen, of the Democratic Progressive Party, wants a slower track for China ties.
- Jetstar, one of the leading budget airlines in Asia-Pacific, wants to encircle China.
- Taiwan pop singer Chyi Chin suffered second-degree burns to his body and face while receiving cupping at his Beijing home. Tragic.
- A top Chinese environmental activist has criticised Apple for a second time this year for its “deliberate refusal of responsibility” for environmental issues.
- North Korea has seized a golf resort that it operated jointly with South Korea and launched trips from China after its southern brethren refused to come following a shooting in 2008.
- Quebec wants China and Japan to invest in it.
- Beginning this month, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be holding daily press conferences Mondays to Fridays.
- China Law Blog has an “in the trenches” piece on intellectual property in China.
- A circulation war is looming among top newspaper publishers in Hong Kong, and the results could be disastrous.
- China has sent an envoy to the “Friends of Libya” meeting in Paris even though it hasn’t recognised the National Transitional Council as the country’s legitimate government.