All the top stories from the last seven days:
- We wondered how, after a 48-hour investigation, police could declare that this official stabbed himself eleven times to death.
- Iranians aren’t too happy that their Qurans are being outsourced to China and are coming back riddled with errors.
- We introduced you to China’s Miss World contestants, and showed you photos of kindergarten sex ed, Chinese bodybuilding, insane tidal waves in Zhejiang, Shanghai in the 1980s, and the Shoton festival in Tibet.
- We looked at some concerns Iceland has over the fact that one of China’s billionaires just bought 300 square kilometers of land there to build a golf course.
- Ai Weiwei is officially back in action, and this week he wrote a scathing critique of life in Beijing.
- We told you what Zhang Lijia has to say on the subject of identity and her mixed-race kids.