Photo by Kenneth Tan.
A few links to start off your day:
- Debate is raging in the United States over the use of the chemical triclosan in Colgate’s toothpaste, but the company’s China headquarters has denied its use in its products sold here.
- A consortium led by the Chinese government has bought back most of the 5 percent stake in China Construction Bank sold by the Bank of America last week.
- Irani’s parliament speaker Hossein Sobhaninia has postponed a visit to North Korea and China due to an unspecified illness.
- China wages war against poverty in its least developed areas.
- Heilongjiang marks 66th anniversary of victory in the war against Japanese aggression.
- Anti-China activists rally for Taiwan sovereignty in Taipei.