Photo by Pavel Bogachko.
Here’s a few links to start off your day:
- A Lonely Hearts Club for middle-aged singles has been causing a commotion every Tuesday at Ikea, but nobody can seem to track down the organisers. Read the Global Times’ version of the story, then read Shanghai Daily’s.
- The Mid Autumn Festival happens next Monday, but the full moon may be elusive.
- Eeeeeks. Doctors at the Changhai Hospital in Yangpu District found a 5cm-long centipede lurking in the ear of one young woman.
- Pudong is handing out a one-size-fits-all discount card for residents in the district. Check www.dashequ.com for more details, or email [email protected] to apply for the card.
- More details on the Slovak model who plunged to her death here.
- Man who savagely beat up a female bus driver sentenced to a rather light 3.5 year jail term.