A still from a video released by the Turkistan Islamic Party in 2008.
- A video of the Turkistan Islamic Party claiming responsibility for the recent attacks in Xinjiang has just been uploaded. When are all these cells just going to get together and start their own Jihadtube?
- 360buy.com is (allegedly) crossing its fingers for a $5 billion USD IPO next week, in what would be the largest internet-related IPO ever. Meanwhile, its CEO is a little coy about the whole affair, weibbing that he’ll be in the middle of a desert.
- The Globe and Mail (who recently made the CCP lose major face) meditates on 9/11 and what it’s meant for China.
- Meanwhile, CNN asks whether China is besting America in winning hearts and minds in Africa, several years after everyone else. At this rate, you can expect CNN to ask whether Weibo is a big deal sometime early next year.
- Call the folks! Royal Caribbean is offering cruises from Shanghai to Japan and South Korea beginning next year. Get them to visit, and then send them packing? Sounds like a plan.
- IKEA is going to swallow the
furniture for lazy peopleupscale-looking cheapo furniture market whole!
- One climb in the rankings that China would rather not claim: Suicides per capita.