All the top stories from the last seven days:
- Our newest round of scandals involving officials and their petulant offspring this week took the form of brutally violent road rage.
- We watched Gordon Ramsay try his first bite of shark’s fin while on a mission to understand the finning trade and increase awareness about its effects.
- Somebody caught Shanghai Wildlife Park trainers beating up a bear cub and did an excellent job of spreading the video online. The park has since suspended the trainer, but we’re hoping to eventually see them start adhering to China’s new animal performance ban (and stop making really moronic excuses for themselves.)
- Li Yang of Crazy English apparently takes the crazy home with him at night. Unfortunately for him, his battered laowai wife knows how to use weibo, and it looks like she’s dumping the bastard.
- We saw fish in Fujian drop dead in biblical proportions.
- Speak Shanghainese in this Shanghai high school, write an 800-word apology.
- We showed you photos of geriatric lovebirds rendezvousing at the Shanghai IKEA, car models going for the full monty at a Heilongjiang VW dealership, a Plants vs. Zombies flash mob, China’s Mother Theresa, a nail house in Guangzhou, and Harbin Pharmaceuticals spending their hard-earned government money right, by building themselves a palace.