Photo by @creativemadhatter on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- Anger in South Korea over deportation of Falungong deportations to China.
- New Zealand tycoon Sir Michael Fay is trying to outbid Chinese investors in a multimillion dollar bid for the Crafar group of farms, saying that New Zealand farmland is best kept in New Zealand hands.
- A detailed breakdown of how a soon-to-be graduate spends her money — see if you can beat that.
- Spring Airlines and Juneyao Airlines will start flying Beijing-Shanghai beginning this October, breaking the monopoly of the state-owned airlines on the route.
- China has the youngest rich people among 8 Asian economies, says HSBC.
- A ‘dangerous’ strain of polio has spread from China to Pakistan, says the WHO.
- General Motors has signed a deal to develop an electric vehicle platform with Shanghai automaker SAIC.