Photo by @dennybre on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- Calm has returned to Lufeng, Guangdong province after violent protests over government land grabs last week. Local authorities have promised to investigate the land sales.
- Paris Hilton could have been China Hilton!
- China’s central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan says it’s “too early” to decide how emerging economies like China can help Europe.
- A US diplomatic cable released by Wikileaks quotes Taiwan’s VP Vincent Siew as saying President Ma Yingjeou would open political talks with China if re-elected to a second term.
- China beats Jordan in the Asian basketball championship to secure a berth in the 2012 London Olympics.