Photo by @capalo on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- Shanghai Daily has an absolutely tragic story of a 16-year-old boy who was driven to suicide by his unemployed, alcoholic and semi-paralysed father.
- Three executives of Shanghai’s Shenglu Food Company jailed for the dyed bun scandal.
- A plan to rebuild four 1930s buildings dismantled to make way for a new subway line has been slammed by an expert as “expensive and meaningless”.
- Cartier receives 500,000 yuan in compensation from local companies for infringed trademark.
- A tour bus driver who managed to bring his vehicle to a halt after suffering a brain hemorrhage remains in a life-threatening condition.
- Murder suspect found after two years.
- German retailer Metro plans aggressive expansion.