Photo by Arnd Dewald.
A few links to start off your day:
- DPRK Premier Choe Yong Rim visits Shanghai to experience China’s market reforms first-hand.
- China’s first space lab, Tiangong 1, is scheduled for liftoff today.
- China has opposed the EU’s plan to include airlines in its system to limit greenhouse-gas emissions.
- Hong Kong’s chief secretary Henry Tang has resigned from his position to pave the way for a bid to become the territory’s next chief executive.
- US threatens Chinese banks with sanctions over Iran.
- A former contract security guard at a US consulate in China has been accused of spying for China.
- American Express joins forces with Tencent to offer electronic payment service.
- Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney calls China an ‘economic threat’.
- China warns Southeast Asian neighbours not to hide behind US military backing in the Pacific.