Floating temple at Heng Mountain, one of China’s five sacred mountains. Photo by Lonnie Hodge.
A few links to start off your day:
- Exposed: The Facebook profiles of Kim Jong-Il’s son and grandson.
- Yet another self-immolation by a Tibetan monk in Aba’s Kirti monastery.
- Hong Kong shares down 4.4%, hitting a 28-month low.
- The world’s largest shopping mall remains empty and devoid of customers in Dongguan.
- Chinese activists campaign against secret detentions.
- North Korea is expanding travel routes to attract more Chinese tourists (and their cash).
- China threatens legal action after Myanmar suspends controversial dam.