Scene at a recent football match between Guangzhou and Shanghai. Photo by @dennybre.
A few links to start off your day:
- US Ambassador to China Gary Locke is in Shanghai, hanging out with kids, and promoting American exports.
- At the Shanghai Masters: Rafa Nadal stunned, Andy Roddick rolls into the quarter finals, and David Ferrer qualifies for ATP World Tour finals.
- A new record may be set this November 11: In Shanghai alone, more than 660 couples have registered to get married on that day. Meanwhile, 10,000 people are expected at a massive matchmaking party to be held next month.
- While we’re on the subject of marriage, local authorities are set to tighten the rules on matchmaking sites.
- If you’re in the market for some new utensils, make sure you do not buy any from Chinese manufacturer Supor as they’ve been found to contain excessive levels of manganese.
- Police probe death of a resident in Jiangqiao Town in a fight related to local elections.
- A woman has been jailed 16 months for illegally bringing people from Zhejiang to sell blood in Shanghai.