All the top stories from the last 7 days: Siberian tigers, scary pollution photos, and a mini bubble-burst in Shanghai’s housing market.
- A rare wild Siberian tiger that was spotted wandering near Heilongjiang last week has turned up dead on the banks of a reservoir. Animal lovers and scientists alike were dismayed to find the beautiful animal lying motionless in the mud. Cause of death as of yet is still unknown.
- Those aren’t clouds! We were astonished to see what the insane amount of pollution hovering over Eastern China looks like from space. Just looking at the picture makes our lungs hurt!
- Many more stories this week of children being killed by careless drivers. All three stories happened in Guangdong province, the same province Yueyue was killed in. Incidentally, one of the children killed was also named Yueyue.
- Shanghai homeowners are revolting! When developers slashed prices in an apartment complex, investors who bought in early at a more expensive price raged against the machine by gathering in face of riot police and trampling the developer’s offices.
- Kim Lee has finally filed for divorce from her crazy Crazy English founder husband, Li Yang. She’s not only demanding full custody of their three children, but also half of all Li Yang’s earthly possessions. Given Li Yang’s history of abuse, Kim Lee should easily get all of that and maybe more.
- In-N-Out fans rejoice! A company named CaliBurger is responsible for the In-N-Out style ad we spotted earlier this year and will definitely bring the entire menu of Double Doubles, Animal Styles and Protein Styles to an outlet near you. This is no ordinary Shanzhai undertaking, however. CaliBurger claims to have patents on all of the above burger monikers in Asia and other “target markets”!