A few links to start off your day:
- Blogger-activist Wen Yunchao shoots of an open letter to the investors of Sina Weibo. If you aren’t familiar with Wen, read this.
- Shanghai-based automaker SAIC Motor is offering RMB32,000 handouts for five days to customers who will buy their new Roewe hybrids.
- Shanghai tops the nation in financial crimes.
- Chinese navy brings medical aid to Jamaica.
- China controls about 95% of the world’s rare earth metal market, and most non-China rare earth projects are doomed to failure, says one consultant.
- Police in Anyang, Henan, have seized $30 million worth of counterfeit pharmaceuticals.
- Supporters of blind activist Chen Guangcheng are petitioning the Ministry of Public Security in the capital to do something about Linyi where Chen is kept.
- Also read this translation by ChinaHush of an account by writer Murong Xuecun of his attempt to visit Cheng Guangcheng with a few other friends. It’s a MUST-READ.