Photo by @dbmboise.
A few links to start off your day:
- Reuters fails to convince us that China has really eased its grip on Chen Guangcheng, the blind activist still being held in Linyi.
- 6 Chinese fishermen charged in the Philippines for poaching on endangered sea turtles.
- Not new but still interesting — Chinese authorities are cracking down on independent candidates.
- Tough balancing act for China in moves to control property prices without derailing growth.
- Chinese leaders worry economic slump could spark more protests.
- Europe and China herald global slowdown.
- Windows Phone 7 delivery delayed to 2012, but sales of iPhone 4S may begin end of this month.
- Saab seeks investment from unidentified Chinese bank.