Photo by @eakman. Share your pictures with us by tagging your pictures on Instagram with #shanghaiist.
A few links to start off your day:
- Indian police seize the Karmapa Lama’s foreign cash, accuse him of financial irregularities and spying for China.
- Iran displays downed US drone, while Tehran Times says China and Russia have asked to inspect it, citing an informed source in the Iranian military.
- Hear the kids of NPR’s Louisa Lim whine as they’re told they can’t go out for sports practice because of Beijing’s crazy-bad air.
- China refutes land grab charges in Africa.
- China’s Dagong rating agency downgrades France.
- US reassures China over increased military ties in Asia.
- CCTV to up overseas staff ten times by 2016.
- Major shale gas reserves discovered in western Sichuan.
- Peter Cohan of Forbes asks: Did China swipe $120 million from Goldman Sachs?
- Filipino drug trafficker executed yesterday despite clemency appeal.
- Chinese charity donations fall 80%.
- Forget koalas, Chinese tourists in Australia just want to go shopping.
- China’s “Best Buys” rush to tap boom in e-commerce.