Photo by Shawn Clover.
- A few links to start off your day:
- Defying all rationality, the Pac-12 college athletic conference claims it wants to expand its presence in China.
- A South African woman has been executed for being caught with 3kg of methamphetamine in Guangzhou, back in 2008.
- Blood plasma donations in China are only at little over half the levels needed for medicine production, with Beijing seeing a drop off in donations of 7.31 percent during the past six months.
- The bulk of China’s computer hacking attacks reportedly come from as little as twelve government-backed groups.
- The Atlantic looks at the trials and tribulations of Chinese students adjusting to freedom of expression and freedom of the press while studying abroad in the US.
- The Hollywood Reporter reviews The Flowers of War, Zhang Yimou and Christian Bale’s epic war flick, and the results ain’t pretty.