Photo by Denny Brechner.
A few links to start off your day:
- 3 billion train trips reunite Chinese families.
- More than 1,000 tonnes of fireworks trash left in Shanghai and Beijing on the first day of the Year of the Dragon.
- Will the Chinese turn against the iPhone? asks Evan Osnos of the New Yorker.
- Yaxue Cao writes about her month-long experience using Twitter on Seeing Red in China.
- Tibetan writer Woeser asks why different numbers of self-immolations in Tibet are being floated about. Earlier, she criticised Lobsang Sangay for leaving out a monk when reading out the names of lives lost to self-immolation.
- Aaron Davies of TNT Magazine writes about his time travelling through Tibet.