Photo by johey24.
A few links to start off your day:
- Jiayang Fan in The New Yorker on Taiwanese-American heart throb Fei Xiang (aka Kris Phillips) who we saw recently on CCTV’s spring festival gala.
- Christopher Bodeen of the AP on CCTV’s global expansion plans.
- Two jokes about current events.
- China is pressing in on Sudan to help free the 29 Chinese workers abducted by rebels. A working group led by the foreign ministry has also been dispatched to Sudan.
- China has lost an appeal at the World Trade organisation over the restriction in the export of raw materials such as bauxite, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
- China to get tough on supersize iron-ore freighters calling in at Chinese ports.
- Veteran activist Zhu Yufu charged him with “inciting subversion of state power” over Skype messages and poem.
- China tightens its grip on Tibet and Xinjiang.
- China-based hackers targeting law firms to steal secret data.