Photo by Jorge Alvarez.
A few links to start off your day:
- Chris Buckley of Reuters has an excellent piece that sheds light on the sort of man that China’s leader-in-waiting Xi Jinping is.
- Canadian prime minister Stephen Harper gets red carpet treatment in Beijing.
- India upgrades its military with China in mind.
- China aims for 13% rise in minimum wage by 2015.
- China increases presence in Japan debt market.
- China’s land grab epidemic is causing more Wukan-style protests.
- Surge in anti-China sentiment in Hong Kong.
- China may “move shortly” to help Europe resolve its debt crisis.