Tongliao, Inner Mongolia. Photo by @bbluer on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- Teenage Tibetan nun sets herself on fire in protest against the Chinese government.
- China’s assistant foreign minister, Ma Zhaoxu, in Tehran for nuclear talks.
- Why there is a ‘trust deficit’ with China, according to the Washington Post.
- Chan Koonchung’s dystopian novel “The Fat Years” looks into China’s future.
- Furniture company DaVinci has paid its “fake imports” fine of 1.33 million yuan. Also, the General Administration of Press and Publication has said it found no reason to believe that CCTV journalist Li Wenxue took 1 million yuan in bribes, as claimed by DaVinci.