New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin may be the first Asian-American in the NBA and the first Harvard graduate to play in the league for almost 60 years. But he’s also quickly gained a reputation over the last week as the NBA’s #1 Jesus Freak hands down. Recently, Lin — who wants to become a pastor when he grows up — appeared together with his mom on Taiwanese evangelical Christian channel GoodTV and showed the world how he’s got his guanxi with God all down pat.
Watch Jeremy Lin talk about:
– how “God closed all the other doors and made it very, very clear that he wanted me to go [to Harvard].”
– how Donnie Nelson, president of basketball operations for the NBA team the Dallas Mavericks and also a devout Christian, called and told Jeremy that ‘Just remember God has a perfect plan for you.’
– his favourite Bible verse: Romans 5:3-5, and how it’s all about suffering.
– how he has been “wrestling with God” over the last year, and how “God’s been carrying me through all of those times when I wanted to give up.”
– how God’s been teaching him to overcome his shyness and “embrace the media spotlight”
– and it goes on and on and on!
For readers outside of China, watch the Youtube version of this interview here.
Haven’t had enough Linsanity? Read more here.