Photo by @bbluerr on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- VP Xi Jinping not as stiff as Hu Jintao but pundits in the US divided on what that could mean for China-US relations.
- Popular Tibetan writer Gangkye Drubpa Kyab, 33, detained in Serthar, Sichuan.
- China unwittingly affirms the charm of the Dalai Lama with all the money it has poured into upgrading his hometown, Hong’ai.
- Vice Premier Wang Qishan wants closer financial ties with Japan.
- Tibetan nomads are being herded into brand new houses — and joblessness.
- China’s former deputy soccer chief Yang Yimin jailed 10 years for corruption.