Pews at the Sheshan abbey. Photo by Yves Andres.
A few links to start off your day:
- Chinese automaker FAW Group to revive production of Hongqi (“Red Flag”).
- Meanwhile, it looks like Chinese government officials will soon be allowed to buy only Chinese cars.
- Chinese architect Wang Shu wins Pritzker Prize, top award in the architectural world.
- Chinese airlines lure US pilots tired of 14-year wait for captain’s seat.
- Tsinghua professor Duan Maosheng named chairman of the Clean Development Mechanism.
- China’s State Grid in talks to buy US wind assets.
- A 22-point China joint venture survival guide for all would-be entrepreneurs.
- Nokia looks to China in its smartphone comeback push.
- China’s consumers embrace bulky, pricey SUVs.
- French expats are flocking to Hong Kong.
- Intel unveils new China and India phone ventures.