Photo by le niners.
A few links to start off your day:
- Peter Ford, China correspondent of the Christian Science Monitor says of his recent experience in Xinjiang, “Never, in 30 years of reporting from five continents, have I found it so difficult to be a journalist.”
- China announces double-digit hike in its defense budget.
- Sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp gets $30 billion boost.
- Fugitive Chinese businessman Li Jun elated over the downfall of former Chongqing police chief Wang Lijun.
- Voting victory for Wukan.
- Another Tibetan woman burns herself to death in Sichuan’s Aba county.
- Critics worry about influence of Chinese institutes on US campuses.
- Lead pollution poisons 160 children in Guangdong.
- China car sales seen having worst start since 2005 on economy.