Photo by le niners.
A few links to start off your day:
- Prime Minister Wen Jiabao trims economic growth target down to 7.5% at the opening of the National People’s Congress yesterday.
- Why China is suddenly contented with slower economic growth.
- VP Xi Jinping advises Shanghai to speed up reform and innovation.
- 20% hospital beds to be privately funded by 2015.
- Chongqing mayor Huang Qifan reveals his role in the Wang Lijun drama that happened last month outside the US Consulate in Chengdu.
- ‘Lei Feng Day’ in the Shanghai Metro.
- Third Tibetan self-immolation in three days — it’s another teenager again.
- Chinese-Canadian activist Charlie Sang Now Quan dies in Vancouver aged 105.
- Apple’s 25 billionth app downloaded in China.
- Artists reflect on Putin’s Russia in Shanghai.