Photo by johey24.
A few links to start off your day:
- The Western expatriate is becoming an endangered species in Asia.
- This 16-year-old British guy speaks a whopping 23 languages. What do you think of his Chinese?
- China’s richest city is Karamay, Xinjiang???
- Hong Kong’s Chief Executive-elect CY Leung says, “I’m definitely not a wolf.”
- Meanwhile, HK residents say no to the undemocratic chief executive election.
- One in four Shanghai residents now over 60 years old.
- Beijing tax office upholds fine for Ai Weiwei.
- Apple’s Tim Cook visits iPhone plant in Zhengzhou, Henan.
- China’s gender imbalance improves for newborns.
- PetroChina now surpasses Exxon in oil production.
- The Tibetan who self-immolated in New Delhi on the eve of a visit by President Hu Jintao left a letter that urging the world to stand up for Tibet, say activists.