Photo by @bebeagua on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- The LA Times has an interesting profile of Qian Jicheng, the former coach for China’s national bodybuilding team who now aims to “to show the world a new image of the Chinese people” through the sport.
- Yet another great piece by Australian journalist John Garnaut on corruption within the People’s Liberation Army.
- Ai Weiwei sues tax office in “evasion” case.
- Ireland has struck a deal with China to help set up a horse racing industry here.
- The Australian tourism board looking for more visitors in China’s second-tier cities.
- China, Philippine naval standoff continues.
- US engages China over North Korean nuclear ambitions.
- China widens its yuan trading band.
- In a major shift, Chinese capital now flowing to Japanese firms.