Photo by @brianch82.
A few links to start off your day:
- Activists rounded up on eve of Tiananmen anniversary.
- In Hong Kong, an estimated 85,000 to 180,000 people showed up to remember the victims of the Tiananmen incident.
- Creepy numbers on the stockmarket: The Shanghai Composite Index started trading yesterday at 2346.98 and ended down 64.89 points.
- China rejects US call to release Tiananmen prisoners.
- Luka Rocco Magnotta, the ‘Canadian Psycho’ suspected of killing and dismembering Chinese student Lin Jun in Montreal has been arrested in Berlin. His extradition to Canada could take months.
- Guangdong’s $940 million copycat of Halstatt, one of Austria’s most picturesque towns, opens.
- Tourism Australia kicks off a new worldwide campaign in where else but Shanghai.
- Macau’s former secretary for transport and public works Ao Man-long found guilty of bribery and money laundering.