Photo by Dave Marco.
A few links to start off your day:
- Surveillance ends at Chen Guangcheng’s village, surprising even the villagers. The blind activist’s nephew, Chen Kegui, however, is still under detention.
- Foxconn chief Terry Gou does a Warren Buffett — he has urged Taiwan to raise taxes from the rich.
- Louis Vuitton falling out of favour with China’s super rich.
- One in 10 cases of tuberculosis in China drug-resistant.
- The parents of Lin Jun, the victim of the “Canadian Psycho” cannibal killer Luka Magnotta, have arrived in Montreal to collect his body.
- China closes Tibet to tourists once again.
- 12 hurt in Xinjiang raid on underground Islamic school; local government blames staff at the school for setting off explosives.
- Australian PM Julia Gillard meets Guangdong party secretary Wang Yang.