Photo by @itseilslie on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- Chinese journalist Michael Anti just gave a very interesting speech at TED.
- Netizens bite back over China’s shark fin soup ban.
- For migrant children, Beijing is a city of broken dreams.
- China and the Vatican are now fighting — again — this time, over a new bishop for Harbin.
- Chinese ships now patrolling Nansha Islands.
- Huge art gift from the mainland breathes new life into Hong Kong’s West Kowloon Cultural District.
- A group of Chinese fishermen is suing ConocoPhillips in a US court for compensation for lost income due to the oil spill caused by the company.
- Cuba’s Raul Castro arrives in Beijing.
- Beijing aiming for 40,000 civilian electric cars by 2015.
- Jewellery belonging to China’s last emperor Puyi and his wife Wanrong are currently on display in Taiwan.