Photo by el.seppo.
A few links to start off your day:
- Ling Jihua, a key ally of President Hu Jintao, has been dropped as head of the party’s General Office of the Central Committee. His son was said to have been involved in the high-profile Ferrari car crash in March.
- Explosion kills 14 in Jiangxi coal mine, days after China’s deadliest mine accident in recent years.
- Defence minister Liang Guanglie in historic trip to India, says China has no plan for Indian Ocean military bases.
- Taiwan’s defence ministry says the number of ballistic and cruise missiles aimed by China at the island has gone up from 1,400 to 1,600.
- The Guardian’s Simon Tisdall says Hillary Clinton’s visit won’t unite south-east Asia against China.
- China shying away from an economic stimulus even as growth flags.
- China’s biggest search engine Baidu enters mobile browser fight.