Photo by Roman W. Schatz.
A few links to start off your day:
- Patti Waldmeir of the Financial Times gives us an introduction to Manglish, or Chinese internet-speak. “7456. 3166. 88.” means “I am so ticked off, I’m signing off. Goodbye!”
- Heavy floods slow quake rescue in Yunnan province.
- Nevada court: Adelson faces sanctions for not disclosing Macau files.
- China Meteorological Administration now providing weather forecasts for Diaoyu Islands.
- China denies “gobbling up” India’s iron ore reserves.
- Examining China’s re-education through labour.
- The Pentagon says China’s US debt holdings don’t pose a national threat.
- Taiwan and China may restart talks on additional flights.