A few links to start off your day:
- Former Chongqing police chief Wang Lijun on trial for the four charges of bribe-taking, bending the law for selfish ends, defection and abuse of power, and his then-boss Bo Xilai has been implicated in a criminal act for the very first time.
- US Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta in China, meets with Xi Jinping, and says US is not trying to contain China.
- Beijing probing Tuesday’s protest around US ambassador’s car.
- Uniqlo store in Shanghai spotted supporting China’s Diaoyu Islands claim but sign was up for just 40 minutes.
- Massive row in Nanchang after beggars fenced off at a temple fair. Unbelievable images here.
- China joins nations seeking treasure in warming Arctic.
- Australian Secretary of the Defence Department, Dennis Richardson, says China can’t buy Australia.