Photo by Charles W Clark.
A few links to start off your day:
- Former Aussie PM Malcolm Fraser praises China’s “stability and sense of purpose” and attacks US “policy of containment” towards China.
- China has launched its first aircraft carrier, but is it any good?
- China issues white paper on Diaoyu Islands, asserting “indisputable sovereignty”.
- Toyota and Nissan cut production in China as rising anti-Japan sentiment in the country hurt sales.
- China bankrolling Hugo Chavez’s re-election bid in Venezuela with oil loans.
- China blamed for a higher number of casualties in the mountaineering disaster in the Himalayas this weekend.
- India holds wargames along China border.